Thursday, July 5, 2007

Introduction

I'm starting this blog as an experimental project because I'm curious to see, how far I can take it knowing that I may not be serious enough to update it regularly. One can argue that I have no concrete reason to Blog (and surprisingly that's not very far from the truth, I don't) and since I know I'm not good at it, I should just save myself the trouble and well… not have one. Nonetheless, let's step aside from that for a moment and just live in a world where I do have a Blog (shitty as it may be) and take it from there. I see this becoming a forum for me to vent my thoughts, anger, and opinions about everything that matters to me, but how far it'll actually go, aaah well, we'll see.

I started thinking about what to write, and decided that I should use my first post to write a little something about me. Ok, here it goes. Guy, 26 years, from New Delhi, India. I love chess and enjoy listening to almost any kind of music from Cradle of Filth, to Andrea Bocelli (anything except Bollywood or Punjabi). I spend most of my time playing chess online or analyzing and studying past games. Now it would be wrong to think that I'm an excellent player merely because I spend most of my time on chess, because in reality I consider myself a novice, obsessed with the game. So don't be surprised if you come across future posts that may be solely about the black and white battlefield and may appeal to only 1 out of 200 of the general population.

When I'm not playing chess, I'm usually watching TV, spending time with my girlfriend (who I'm about to marry in six months), playing with my dog (a chocolate colored Labrador retriever) or hanging with my guy friends (which is usually quite rare since none of them can really relate to chess).

I'm writing this post from work, switching between Excel and browser windows only so that my Blog doesn't look blank. So forgive me if the content is dull, lacking masala, and left wanting, for this is pretty much as good as it gets.

*Humble bow to the universe of Bloggers out there*

1 comment:

T said...

Lets see...I have known you for almost 5 years now and the only time you ever 'wrote' as in, expressed your thoughts/ feelings on paper/ mail was when you were horribly upset about me keeping a secret from you. The second time was when we were in Bangalore and I was terribly upset with you over something...
# people grow, evolve and change all the time. I see you did too. You actually have a BLOG! Hence, millions of people have access to your thoughts/ feelings and opinions now...from being so guarded, now in the open...you have sure come a long way...

Cheers!